Sunday, April 4, 2010

HAPPY EASTER

It was such a gorgeous day here in Coeur d'Alene here today, which is a surprise b/c it has snowed the last 3 days and was supposed to rain or snow today as well. It doesn't change the fact that we have a risen Savior, but having such a gorgeous day was just a reminder to me that the Lord will have his way...at all times. Weather forecasts, poor health diagnoses, awful national leadership, etc. He IS. I heard a message from Jon Courson on the radio last Sunday when I was sick in bed. It was a reminder that even as the women were going to the tomb after Jesus had died, full of sorrow and fully convinced he was dead and gone forever, they arrived only to find that the massive stone had been rolled away and Jesus was not there. Jon's reminder to us was that even when we are convinced that whatever it is in life that we feel cannot be overcome or is too big to deal with, remember: THE STONE HAS BEEN ROLLED AWAY. He IS. He is already there, he's known the trial/issue/temptatation/battle/whatever was coming, and He IS. Big enough, strong enough, faithful enough, good enough to see us through and give us exactly what we need as we need it. Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now, but that has just really impacted my heart this past Easter Week. So, all that to say that I really enjoyed the sunshine that we weren't supposed to have!!
It was so fun getting Jake all dressed and ready for his first Easter Service today. He didn't make it very long before spitting up all over it. I don't know how this kid gains any weight at all with all the food he spits back at me (and into my mouth the other day...YUCK!). The good news is that he doesn't seem to mind the acid reflux issue all that much anymore, which is such a blessing! He is working REALLY hard at trying to roll over, which on one hand is encouraging b/c it means he is right on track developmentally; yet, on the other hand it means that my days of being able to walk away from the changing table when I forgot his pants downstairs or I hear my phone ringing are OVER. The world of mobility has opened....here we go. These pics were taken today at church and also at home. (He has had a cold recently, so sorry about the boogers...)

****Pictures aren't loading...I'll have to upload later

1 comment:

  1. HE IS!!! Amen sister! Glad you are feeling better. It is awful to be a sick momma, because you don't get to take the day off. The kids still GO GO GO. Wish I was closer so I could help out. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete