Monday, June 28, 2010

Portland











This past weekend, Aaron, Jake and I went to Portland in celebration of my nephew Henri's 2nd birthday. What usual takes 6 hours or less to drive instead took us 9... Aaron says the era of baby-travel has begun. Friday morning was Henri's party in the park and nearly all of both sides of the family were able to be there along with some of Henri's "friends." Friday evening we had family pics done at Mt. Tabor. The task of having all 10 of us looking at the camera, and the kiddos not fussing was quite a challenge and I'm hoping at least one of them turned out. I got to spend most of the day Saturday with my sister, which is such a rare treat. Aaron took Jake to hang out in the park with his side of the family while Carrie and I hit up NW 23rd St. and Forever 21. I wish we lived closer and could do sister shopping dates more often. Aaron, Carrie, Beau (who is living in Portland now), and I enjoyed dinner out while my mom stayed back at the hotel to make sure Jake stayed asleep. Sunday morning we were all up early and thankfully the drive back only took 6 1/2 hours! great trip, great family!

2 comments: